My digital alarm clocked rang
off. I stretched myself soon after waking up from my deep sleep. Jumping off from the bed immediately and
rushed to my sister’s room and woke her up. “Sis, hurry up 20 minutes before the
shooting star will be seen at the sky!” I exclaimed excitedly. It was foretold
by the astronomers that on that particular day, the residents of Singapore
would be able to see shooting stars at the sky. This would be my first time
seeing shooting stars in my life. I eagerly wait my sister to dress up.
It was 2.30am midnight.
My sister and I were wearing our pajamas as we thought in the midnight there
was no one will see us in our untidy appearance. We went to the park nearby of our home because we
would get a clear view of the sky from there.
I was amazed by the beauty of scenery in the park. I stared at the canal
in the park to kill time. The shooting star will be able to see in the sky in
10 minutes time.
Breathing the cold breeze
in the midnight just made me wanted to gaze at the incoming shooting stars
faster, because I am Asthmatic. Then I laid in the soft grass, comparing the
different stars with my sister in the sky, chatting with my sisters about our
ambition and experience stories.
Suddenly, we heard a
sound of car engine nearing us. Initially we taught it was probably our neighbor who had
just went back from his workplace. To our surprise, we saw red and blue led
police light coming toward us. By that time we know the patrol police officers
spotted us. So there was no way for us to hide from the police officers.
Panicking, My sister
then told me that we should not be in this place at an inappropriate time for
teenagers. So we know the police will first interrogate us together. The police
car stopped. The police officers came out from the car and pointing their
fingers on us. We know that was signal for us to go to them. We then sauntered
slowly heading to them.
Firstly I wanted to
lie because we were very panicked and scared at the moment. I imagined how my
both parents will react when the police officers will report to them. “We are in a big trouble sis, Lie or we’ll die,”
I mumbled. My sister was very calmed. She
must be also searching for excuse. Somehow I was wrong. My sister replied “Honesty is the best policy.
Just tell the truth and everything will going to be fine.”
“What are you both
doing here in this midnight? “the police asked.
“My sister and I were
actually waiting for the shooting stars”I replied honestly.
“Oh yes, this time the
shooting star will be seen in the sky. I just heard it from the radio. No
worries guys, we just wanted to ensure that everything is alright,because last week there was a flasher seen in this area and victimised an old lady” the police
replied.
.
.
This happened three
years ago. What I had learned is to never ever try to lie just tell
the truth and everything is going to be fine and smooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment